I already posted about my first 5 of 100 Acts of Self Love on the Facebook page and Twitter, but I have a pretty self-loving day it being my birthday and all... and I think I ended up with at least one act of self love for each year of my new age. Let's see...
- Woke up naturally with the sun/son (they get up at the same time those two...), no alarms!
- Dropped Spiderman off at school in my sweats. Pre-shower. I know it sounds gross, but it's radically self-loving.
- Stopped to smell the blooming jasmine on the porch
- Took a long, luxurious shower ...by candlelight ...and with music
- Shaved my legs (I'm not sure if this was really for me or the massage therapist, but it ended up feeling good so we'll say it was for me)
- Took my time primping and prettying up
- Left the dishes for another day
- Got a bigger bag out of the closet instead of trying to cram everything I wanted to take into my purse
- Started the day with a green smoothie--extra pineapple, delish!
- Wore appropriate shoes for walking around all day
- Wore super comfy clothes (all stretchy, all the time)
- Gave my favorite shirt/dress/tunic a final wear (its now covered with flecks of mod podge and the hem is completely unravelled... time to retire)
- Took myself on the free birthday ride to Avalon on the Catalina Express!
- Remembered to wear my sea-bands so I didn't puke all over the boat
- Had cake and coffee for "breakfast" when I arrived on the island
- Took a long walk/hike (Over 17,000 steps and the equivalent of 80 flights of stairs today!)
- Let myself play-pretend-nature-photographer
- Sat on top of a mountain (that I got to the top of via my "chevro-legs" and...
- ...stared at the ocean
- ...sent loving thoughts to people I missed
- ...sent loving thoughts to myself
- ...took pictures of myself looking pensive for dramatic effect
- ...admired pictures of myself (look at my lips in this one. woah.)
- Found a labyrinth and walked it (and then forgave myself for not getting much out of it besides this cool picture)
- Ate lunch in a cool little cafe with a checkered table cloth
- Ordered an arnold palmer, and it was refreshing!
- Read trashy-vampire book over lunch
- Had a massage
- Left big tips at the cafe and the spa and stuck around to see the smile/surprise/relief
- Bought myself a little present
- Reminisced about childhood and bought some salt-water taffy to prove it
Honestly, I think there was more, but if I'm going to keep this self-loving up tomorrow I'm going to need to do some things tonight to get ready!
It's never too late to join 100 Acts of Self Love! Try it for a day... or even just one intentional act. I'm still willing to bet you're loving yourself regularly and just aren't thinking about it. Let's see what making it intentional can do!